Sunday, March 3, 2013

A Touch of Character Development

Allow me to start by introducing myself. My name is Taylor, and I am a bookaholic. Literature is my draft beer, short stories are my whiskey and novels are my fine wines. There is a certain high bookworms get from finding that perfect book or catching a whiff of the classic library scent we all know and love. Gone are the days when books were just for the nerds and outcasts. Today, us bibliophiles are able to stand proud and tall in front of the rest of the world and proclaim how much we love the handsome Peeta Mellark or relate to the strength of Katniss Everdeen.

And as much as I love pages of words sewn together in beautiful sentences, I equally adore anything girly. That, of course, points directly to my Achilles Tendon in any drug store or Target, nail polish. If a newly released hard cover novel is my Whiskey Sour, then a brand new bottle of nail polish is a perfectly aged Port. A stylishly manicured set of finger nails is just like that striking book cover that catches your eye from across the Barnes and Noble.

I have come to the conclusion that it is time for my loves of both nail lacquer and literature to find a home, together, on this blog. Here go my adventures in nail art inspired by the beauty in the books I read. 

Welcome to Novels and Nail Polish. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment